Education with a Destination Peru 2018
October 21-November 3, 2018
The Education with a Destination: Bend, OR sponsors Crescent Moon Ranch and Flying Dutchman Alpacas have always supported Quechua Benefit and Casa Chapi, and we are excited to announce our 4th annual Education with A Destination Tour: Peru.
The Education with a Destination Peru 2017 tour was a huge success.
This is an opportunity to extend further into the landscape and the natural habitat of the alpaca and the people that have nurtured these incredible creatures and fiber for countless years. The trip will be led by Quechua Benefit’s board members and world renowned alpaca judges Amanda VandenBosch and Mike Safley.
The tour will be October 21st-November 3rd, 2018, with options to extend your trip to November 6th. The cost of the tour includes in-country transportation, lodging, meals, education, and admission to sites & events. Participant is responsible for airfare to and from Lima, Peru.
- Attending the 3-day International Alpaca Fiesta in Arequipa
- Time to explore Arequipa, including tours of the Grupo Inca and Michell & Co Mills and the inner workings of the factories with access to their wholesale stores.
- A visit with the children of Casa Chapi – Enjoy getting to know them, their song and dance and explore the school
- Watch Andean condors soar overhead at Condor Cross
- A night on the shores of Lake Titicaca and a visit to the floating islands
- A visit to the ancient ruins of Sillustani
- Plenty of opportunities to shop for unique hand-made goods
- Participation in Word’s Largest Vicuña Ceremony and Chaccu at Picotani
- Participate in alpaca halter and fleece shows in Nunoa and Macusani
- Train or Bus from Puno to Cuzco with visits to historical sites on the way
- City tour of Cuzco, dinner and overnight in Cuzco
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu (optional)
Please will out the form to the below to receive more information.
Seats are limited and on a first come first served basis.